Engineering Product Manager
About the Job
We are a startup that’s making the Internet safer by building products for identity, privacy, and cryptography. Tozny offers privacy, security and trust solutions for use in highly sensitive applications like government, banking, and healthcare. Tozny is seeking an energetic Engineering Product Lead who has a combination of technical depth, customer focus, partner management, and vision to lead our Portland, OR based engineering team.
- Managing and leading our team of talented software engineers to design and build the next generation of applications and services using modern development and DevOps technologies;
- Mentoring team members in software development, including architecture, code quality, and agile development practices;
- Collaboratively planning and coordinating development project activities;
- Providing technical approaches and delivering solutions as part of the team;
- Identifying and embracing new technologies and tools relevant to the team;
- Improving software engineering and release processes of the team;
- Supporting effective working relationships with internal and external partners in cross-functional teams; and
- Working closely with QA and Operations teams to improve quality in all aspects of Tozny operations
As part of the Tozny Leadership Team, duties will include:
- Collaborating with the Tozny team to craft commercial product roadmaps;
- Defining feature sets to delight existing clients and attract new clients;
- Representing Tozny at conferences and developer forums; and
- Leading technical recruitment and strategic development of the team
- Five years of meaningful software development and management experience. (Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate experience leading projects in an Agile environment while balancing long-term priorities.)
- Strong understanding of security assurance methodologies and technologies, such as secure coding standards, static and dynamic security testing, and secure software development life cycles.
- Strong understanding of large scale data computation, encryption, security, and privacy in hybrid environments spanning on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in programming and scripting languages, such as Java, Swift, Python, Go, PHP, Ruby, Scala, etc.
- Experience building capabilities that monitor and enable a security first approach to software development.
- Experience with key management, rotation, and other aspects of cloud-based data encryption.
- Analysis and interpersonal skills to help others comprehend complex requirements.
- Disciplined and Self motivated.
- Commercial product development experience in startups that have scaled is a plus.
Bachelors or Masters/Ph.D. (preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Computer Security or a related field, or equivalent experience. Security community contributions such as scientific publications, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognition, open source tools, or blogs are useful.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Here at Tozny, we’re passionate about the security and privacy of everyday users. We build products for identity and cryptography in a collaborative and positive environment. Join us, and help fix some of the biggest problems in computer security and privacy.
We’re a spinoff of Galois (galois.com), the security research firm. Our pay and benefits are in line with the industry, including an employer-funded health plan, 401(k), and stock option pool. Our office is located in the Pearl district, with multiple transportation routes to the office and ample secure indoor bike parking.
About Portland, Oregon
We’re located in the heart of one of the best cities in America. It has excellent restaurants, tons of brew pubs, it’s artistic, literate, and bike friendly. Hike nearby in the Columbia River Gorge, ski on Mt. Hood, or take in the vistas and Pinot Noirs in our world-renowned wine country.