Senior Backend Developer
At Tozny we have a goal to make data security and cryptography easy to use. We’re building cutting edge data security tools and a platform that protects user’s data, provides authentication, and more. We’re looking for engineers who are motivated by creating privacy tools for users and being part of a rapidly growing startup environment. Tozny currently works with both private companies as well as government organizations to deliver privacy and encryption solutions.
- Software development for new features and new products in a dynamic environment
- Architectural acumen: the ability to understand the product at different abstraction levels and develop features that work within the product framework, while improving the architecture along the way
- Active partner in the development and future of Tozny products such as TozStore and TozID
- Contribute to our open source SDKs and developer tools
- Assist in debugging, production support, and DevOps tasks
- Participation in the Scrum process and other cultural touchpoints
What You Bring Along
- 3+ years experience in object oriented programming languages like Go/Golang, C++, and Java; our infrastructure is in Go
- Experience in web API development and testing
- Familiarity in agile development, Git tools, and Unix environments
- Experience in AWS and DevOps tasks is a strong plus
- Experience in balancing competing priorities and technical trade offs when making decisions that impact development timelines and product goals
- Ability to thoughtfully architect solutions in collaboration with fellow engineers
- Experience in authentication design and development (OAuth, SAML, etc.) a strong plus
What We’ll Bring
- Exciting technical work in an important field: privacy, encryption, and identity management
- The ability to experiment and invent the product itself and how the product is developed
- Competitive pay, equity, and benefits including 401k and medical
- Work life balance and flexibility
- A team of passionate engineers and a leadership team that supports you
- Stocked kitchen, coffee, snacks, and beverages
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Here at Tozny, we’re passionate about the security and privacy of everyday users. We build products for identity and cryptography in a collaborative and positive environment. Join us, and help fix some of the biggest problems in computer security and privacy.
We’re a spinoff of Galois (galois.com), the security research firm. Our pay and benefits are in line with the industry, including an employer-funded health plan, 401(k), and stock option pool. Our office is located in the Pearl district, with multiple transportation routes to the office and ample secure indoor bike parking.
About Portland, Oregon
We’re located in the heart of one of the best cities in America. It has excellent restaurants, tons of brew pubs, it’s artistic, literate, and bike friendly. Hike nearby in the Columbia River Gorge, ski on Mt. Hood, or take in the vistas and Pinot Noirs in our world-renowned wine country.